The personal care market is profitable today, so a beauty salon could be an interesting business idea. Take note of these tips to open your own business. Friend entrepreneur, the personal care market is very profitable today, as people worry about their image every time.
Take note of these tips to open a beauty salon:
Where to begin?
Start by developing a business plan. It includes an operational and financial plan, a market analysis and the way the beauty salon will work.
How should customer service be?
- The deal with the customer must be cordial and attentive, without being invasive. In addition, try to offer a comfortable place for the customer.
- Try not to have much noise in your beauty salon, as many people take advantage of these services to disconnect from the daily bustle.
What equipment is needed?
These are the basic tools for a beauty salon:
- Hair Laundry
- Hair dryer
- Razor Blades
How much staff do you need?
A beauty salon should have the following staff:
- A person dedicated to manicure (optional).
- A person dedicated to the pedicure (optional).
- A person dedicated to cutting, dyeing and treating hair.
- One that takes care of massages.
- A person who takes care of the box.
How to deal with suppliers
Your beauty care product provider should offer you exclusive products with good discounts. Ideally, you have an exclusive contract with the dealer.
What else is there to keep in mind?
- Don’t forget to take the respective license for your business. Visit the local authorities ‘ website to access information on how to obtain it.
- Keep in mind that much of the market is absorbed by the big chains of franchises, so you have to give added value to your business to differentiate.
- Remember that many companies offer to make online appointments. You can post on your website your cell phone number to be contacted directly by Whatsapp, read here How to use it for your business.
- Another fact is that the cost of cutting hair for women doubles that of men.
- Invest a part of your budget in the decoration of the premises, since the image is very important for this type of business.
How to promote a beauty salon without much investment?
- A great idea to promote your venture is to use social networks like Facebook and Twitter, but especially Instagram and Pinterest. Share the pictures and videos of the haircut process. This will allow people to know you and can recommend you.
- Don’t forget to create your Google + profile. Maybe it doesn’t have as much traffic as other networks, but it will help you to have a greater presence in the searches among other benefits, like that your local appears in Google Maps.
- You could use YouTube, creating a channel for you to post tutorial videos about haircuts, hairstyles, etc.
- You should also consider having a Web page. Today there are many tools that will allow you to create a basic website with the contact details, the list of services you offer and the option to make an appointment online.